Clear cache and cookies and reset browser
When websites display strangely, buttons aren't working, or you notice other glitches, you can try clearing your web browser's cache and cookies before you try a different web browser.
Clearing cache and cookies will delete some browser settings, like remembered username fields.
Click on your browser to jump to the relevant instructions:
To clear the cache and cookies in Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the toolbar and select More Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data...
- In the dialog box that appears, select the checkboxes 'Cookies and other site and plug-in data' and 'Cached images and files'. Use the drop-down menu at the top to select 'beginning of time'. (Both these settings are shown below.)
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click the Chrome menu on the toolbar.
- Select Settings, and click 'Show advanced settings...'
- Find the 'Reset browser settings' section and click 'Reset browser settings'.
To clear the cache and cookies in Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window click on the Firefox button (or the menu icon ) and go to Options.
- Select the 'Privacy' panel.
- In the 'History' section, click 'remove individual cookies'
- Finally, click the button 'Remove All Cookies'
To reset Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window click on the Firefox menu icon and then click on the Question Mark icon .
- Click 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- In the box 'Reset Firefox to its default state', click the button 'Reset Firefox...'
- A box will ask you to confirm that you want to reset Firefox. Click 'Reset Firefox'.
In Safari, go to Preferences and then go to Privacy. Click Remove All Website Data... and then click Remove Now.
To reset Safari:
- Open Safari, and click on 'Safari' in the meny at the top of your screen.
- In the drop-down meny, click 'Reset Safari'.
- In the warning dialog, click the button 'Reset'.
- Safari will restart automatically.
(For instructions on previous versions, scroll down.)
1. Click the Gear icon > Safety > Delete browing history...
2. Make sure to check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorties website data and then click Delete.
3. You will see a confirmation from Internet Explorer once it has finished clearing your cache and cookies.
- Select Tools > Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab.
- Under 'Browsing History', click the Delete... button.
- Check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites and website data. Then click Delete.
If you need further assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk via firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9964 6322.
The IT Help Desk hours of operation are 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.