Webmail Guide (including how to redirect emails)
All Navitas-Professional students are given a college email account at the commencement of their studies, available at https://webmail.navitas-professional.edu.au/ with a StudentID login. The email account is used for all college communications, including enrolment news, grades and feedback from educators.
- Re-directing emails to your personal email address
- How to log in
- Creating and sending an email
- Opening and replying to an email
- Email options
- Email Folders
- Emptying a folder to reduce your mailbox size
- Clearing trash automatically to reduce your mailbox size
- Changing the number of email alerts you receive about posts in your classes
If you do not want to check a second email account and want all emails to your College email account forwarded automatically to your personal email account:
- Login to the Student Portal at my.navitas-professional.edu.au (Click on "Classes" to go to "My Classes space")
- go to your Profile by clicking on your name (which appears in the top-right corner, saying "You are logged in as John Example").
- In the dropdown box, click 'Preferences', as shown below.
- Go to "Edit profile"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, to the second last box, 'Forwarder Email'.
- In the "Forwarder Email Address" box, type in your personal email address. Make sure to type it correctly, and not to insert any blank spaces when typing.
- Click 'Update profile'.
Important note: once you have set up email re-directing you will not be able to log in and use the college's My Mail webmail service. Emails will go directly to the account you have typed in as the Forwarder Email Address and no other copy of the emails will be kept. If you make a mistake in the email address when you type it in, your emails will not be stored anywhere. Please exercise care and double-check that you have entered the correct details for your personal email address.
Go to https://webmail.navitas-professional.edu.au/ and login using your StudentID number as your username, and the same password that you use for the student portal.
Alternatively, if you are already logged into the student portal, click 'My Mail' and login with your StudentID number and password.
Inside your webmail space, you will see emails in the centre of the page, and your email folders on the left.
Please note: if you have set up email re-directing you will not be able to log in and use the college's My Mail webmail service.
To create a new email click on this icon:
Once the new email template has opened, you will need to compose the email. Enter the recipient's email address in the "To:" text box, a subject in the "Subject" box, and your email message in the large text box provided. Then, click the 'Send now' button at the bottom of the page to send your email.
Once your email has sent, you will be able to find a copy in your 'Sent' folder.
When you enter webmail, you will see your inbox by default. If you can't see your inbox, click 'Mail' to return to it.
Then, double-click on an email to open it.
Click the reply icon.
Compose your email, as usual.
There are a few email options that you can add to an email before you send it. Click on this cog icon to see the menu for:
- A Return receipt
- Delivery status notification
- Prority (the importance of the email)
- In which folder you would like to save the sent message
To check for new emails, click this icon to receive incoming mail.
Your email folders can be opened by directly clicking on the folder.
You can change what folders are displaying by clicking on 'Settings'.
Click the 'Folders' tab and then select the folders that you want displayed by ticking the relevant boxes.
Click on the desired folder and then click on the tab located at the bottom left of the screen and select 'Empty'. This is particularly useful for when you want to empty your deleted items folder.
To help clear emails and free-up space in your email account, you can set your account to automatically delete all emails in your trash folder when you log out.
Click on 'Settings', and go to 'Server Settings' on the menu on the left side of the page. Then, tick the option to 'Clear Trash on logout'.
(Make sure you do not tick 'Flag the message for deletion instead of delete', as this means that no emails will ever be deleted - they will only be flagged.)
You can change how often you receive email notifications when teachers and classmates post in your online class space. For example, you can choose to receive an email every time a new post is made, or a summary email for the day's posts.
If you need assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk.
Phone: 02 9964 6322
Hours of Operation: 8am - 7pm, Monday - Friday
Attached files: User-Guide-my.navitas-professional-webmail.pdf