Download and install Office 365
ACAP students are issued an Office365 suite by the college. The suite includes a desktop version which can be downloaded from Microsoft. This Office365 suite version comes with Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Please note the OneDrive is not part of this Office suite.
- This steps guide is for the new install or student do not have their Office365 suite activate.
- There is no further action required if your device has Office365 installed and activated.
Download and install
1. Navigate to webmail or go to https://outlook.office.com/
2. Log in with your college email.
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: The same as your Student Portal password
3. Click on the profile icon in the top right corner, and select "My account.
4. Select Apps & devices, then click "install office". Click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
1. Open an Office app e.g. Word.
2. Go to File> Account, click Sign In.
The sign-in ID is your college email address e.g. email@example.com and your password is the same as your Student Portal password.
3. Follow the prompts to complete activation. It will take approx 4-5 minutes to activate.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will see the below message "Use this account everywhere on your device" during the activation process. Please DO NOT select this option or your device may be locked by the Microsoft Device Management environment.
If this option is enabled, you allow the Office365 suite to automatically sign-in to your college issued account on your devices. As a result, your devices may be locked by the Office365 suite, as it won't be able to determine which organisation you are signed in to.
If your device has been locked by the activation process please email the Student Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details. The helpdesk team will try to unlock the account for you.
- The time you activated your device
- The devices name (computer name)
- Your College email address
- Your College ID (Student ID)
Important: It up to the students to decide using the Office365 license given by the college or use their personal Office365 license(If the student already registred previously) but should be aware they may have a different range of software depending on the type of license. Cancelling the Office365 license could happen failed access to the cloud storage(One drive) any data held on cloud storage will no longer accessible. Under the terms of the Office 365 student license, Microsoft takes no responsibility for the loss of files. Please click here for the details of service agreement.