Printing a Book Section
Please note, some courses may structure their readings differently, and may not contain this print function. However, if your reading are presented in Books or Sections, you should be able to follow this guide to print or save as pdf.
1. Open your Book Section
Log into the Student Portal and enter your online class space. Click on the appropriate book section.
2. Print Book function
Once you have opened the Book section, scroll down to the bottom left 'Settings' block and click on 'Print book'.
Please note: you can only print one book section at a time.
Once you have clicked on 'Print Book', a copy shall open, ready to be printed. You'll find there is no print button readily available once you open the book. So, some options to prompt the print button are:
- Right-click the mouse over the book and select Print.
- Hold (Alt + x) on your keyboard.
- Hold (Ctrl + p) on your keyboard.
Another option: Save as PDF on your computer
If you wish to save a copy of these materials, use Google Chrome web browser, as it has a function that allows you to save any web page as PDF. You can download Google Chrome free from: www.google.com.au/chrome/
- Using Google Chrome, follow steps 1 and 2. Then, press Ctrl and P on the keyboard.
- You will notice a Print menu appears on the left-hand side of the page. Under the Destination section in that menu, make sure it says "Save as PDF" (and if it does not, click Change and then select to "Save as PDF").
- Click Save and select where to save the file on your computer.
Attached files: Student-Guide-Printing-a-Book-Function.pdf