Subscribing and Unsubscribing from Forums
You can change your email alerts settings regarding class discussion forums. In the Student Portal, go to your Profile by clicking on your name (which appears in the top-right corner, saying "You are logged in as John Example").
In the dropdown box, click 'Preferences', as shown below.
The user account preferences page
As shown above, please go to "Forum prefernces" to adjust various settings that help tailor your experience with online class spaces.
EMAIL DIGEST TYPE allows you select how many email notifications you receive:
- "No digest (single email per forum post)" means you will get emailed every time someone posts an announcement or adds to a discussion
- "Complete (daily email with full posts) sends you a summary email each day, containing the posts that were made.
- "Subjects (daily email with subjects only)" sends you a summary email each day, containing only the subject line of the posts that were made.
FORUM AUTO-SUBSCRIBE can help notify you when someone posts in a forum when you've started a discussion, or joined in.
- "Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum" is a safe way to make sure you are notified via email as soon as your forum has had a response.
- "No: don't automatically subscribe me to forums" means you will not be emailed every time someone responds. Instead, you'll have to login and check on the Discussion.
FORUM TRACKING helps remind you which posts you have not seen yet.
- "Yes: highlight new posts for me" will highight any posts you haven't viewed yet, to make sure you don't accidentally miss anything.
- "No: don't keep track of posts I have seen"
Once you've made your selections, click 'Save changes' at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: you cannot unsubscribe from email alerts about announcements and discussions, because you must receive communications from your educators.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Desk on (02) 9964 6322 or at email@example.com from 8am-7pm Monday-Friday.